Brother Bear Becomes Zak

Brother Bear Becomes Zak
The first Squirrel I ever took a picture of

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Day three as a photo journalist

Sorry I’ve been gone. It’s been raining…A LOT, so I wasn’t able to take any photos (my camera goes wacky in cold weather), so I’m officially making today day three.

Today I went to my local park for a session with S, and she gave me six rules for photography to work on for the week.




  • First, THE ONE THIRD RULE. The rule of one third means to imagine a grid of nine squares on your view finder and set your subject in one of the four corners of the center square at a low angle.

  • Second, NO FLASH. No flash means, well, no flash (hahaha). If your camera is not working well in the dim light, see the fifth rule.

  • Third, SET YOUR CAMERA FUNCTION TO A.V. If your function is set to auto (which it probably is), set it to A.V. On my camera, I simply turn the dial on the top of my camera.

  • Fourth, DON’T ZOOM. Don’t zoom is self explanatory; if your subject is too far away, move closer.

  • Fifth, SET ISO TO 100. Set ISO to 100 means, if the light is good set the ISO to 100. If the light is dim set the ISO to 200. On my camera to change the ISO I press the ISO button to the right of the view screen and scroll to the ISO I require.

  • Sixth, KEEP THE F DOWN ALL THE WAY. That means set the aperture. On my camera this is how I do it: I simply scroll the dial on the back of my camera until the F is at 2.8. And, Bingo.

These are some of the pictures I took.









So that’s what I learned today I hope you’ve found this useful.

ZakGoesSolo Out…PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment